Posted to alt.home.repair
Gabbard Gabbard is offline

Default Freezer pops outlet

Toller wrote:
"Gabbard" wrote in message
oups.com...
Last night my Maytag deep freeze popped the outlet in our garage. I
hit the reset on the outlet and it popped it again right away. We left
the freezer unplugged (got everything out of it) and this morning I
tried again...same result. At first I thought it must be the outlet so
I plugged in a radio and it did fine. I then ran an extension cord
into my house and tried the freezer off an outlet in my kitchen. Same
thing, popped the outlet. So now I'm pretty sure it's the freezer.
It's only around a year old, but what could be going on with it that's
making it draw so much current? I'd appreciate any help.

First question is, what is popping an outlet? Tripping a GFCI outlet or a
circuit breaker?
Two entirely different things.

Tripping the GFCI outlet.