Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking,sci.chem.electrochem.battery

Default Battery memory on NiCad cordless drill

I find nicads in drills last about two years. You got your use out of
them.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Dan_Musicant" wrote in message
I have a Panasonic 12v (NiCads) cordless drill/driver with 2 batteries
and it seems to me that the batteries aren't holding a charge very
well.
They are around 3-4 years old, lightly used. They seem to charge too
quickly. If I leave them in the charger after the charger shows them
as
fully charged and let them trickle charge, will that top them up? I
haven't been doing that.

Is this a loss of capacity of the batteries? Is there some way I can
restore the capacity of the batteries? Any experience with these?
Thanks
for any ideas, info, suggestions, etc.

Dan