Default BT socket with older style wiring?

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 15:01:31 +0100, PoP
wrote:

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 10:25:50 +0100, No-one
wrote:

A number of years ago I laughed at a colleague who wanted the master
upstairs for just such a reason. I found myself apologising to him
when I read, within a week of our conversation, of a burglary where
the telephone lines had been cut in just such a manner at ground level
where it entered the house.

Surely if the telephone cable has been cut then there's no path to the
exchange at all?

Or am I misunderstanding the circuit which was cut?

PoP

If the phone line enters the house at ground level it is easily
accessible. If it enters through the bedroom wall/window frame you
would need a ladder to get to it. That's assuming your house is fed
via an overhead cable from a telegraph pole, as mine is.

MJ