Posted to uk.d-i-y
mogga mogga is offline

Default Maggots in dustbin (elimination thereof)

On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 20:52:14 +0100, Dave Fawthrop
wrote:

On Sat, 5 Aug 2006 19:19:50 +0100, "Vortex"
wrote:

|Hi,
|
|A few months ago our local authority switched to bi-weekly refuse
|collection.
|
|One of the unpleasant consequences of this is that our bin seems to have
|become permanent home to large numbers of unpleasant maggots....and the
|bi-weekly collection ensures some of them become flies.
|
|Can anybody suggest an inexpensive way of controlling/killing them?
|
|I thought a dribble of creosote over the bin contents would make the
|environment pretty hostile inside the bin.

Put food debris in the compost bin/heap.

You need a ground cone thing for meaty stuff.
http://www.greencone.com/product-view.asp?prid=10

Or to set up a bait shop.

--
Get away from it all