Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
James \Cubby\ Culbertson James \Cubby\ Culbertson is offline

Default $5,000 for installation of Trane 15i A/C? Reasonable?

"Noon-Air" wrote in message
. ..
OK.... you did get bent over.....
13 SEER condenser with a 10 SEER coil... the coil should have been an
RCHJ-48A2 or an RCFJ-AU4821AC to actually get 13 SEER

I hardly believe they'll be going belly up any time soon. They've been
in business here for over 35 years. (or is it 40. Don't remember but
either way they are one of the most respected outfits here in town).
Just what sort of labor rates are you using anyway?

My labor rates have not changed in almost 2 years, but your right, I do
need to raise my rates due to the rising costs of parts, materials. fuel,
insurance, utilities, groceries, etc.

I don't have the expansion valve numbers handy but what I do remember is the
combination gave me a SEER between 12-14. I haven't gotten my first
electric bill yet so time will tell. All I know is the system works great
and I didn't get bent over. Either way, the parts are relatively the same
price wise (certainly not thousands apart) so I still think $6-7k is still
too much. Keep in mind I did my own electrical....which knocked off $500.