Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default Service Entry Cable caused partial blackout in my house?

On 1 Aug 2006 13:05:06 -0700, wrote:

During an electrical storm one half of my house lost electricity while
the other half did not. I contacted our electric company and they said
the problem was "their equipment" which burnt out and affected part of
our "service entry cable." They said it's likely that "part" of our
service entry cable services part of our house and other parts service
the rest.

I have never heard of a partial blackout that affects only some
circuits. Can anyone explain this in more detail?

thanks!

Don

Did they say something about a transformer, or transformer coil, going
bad?

later,

tom @
www.NoCostAds.com