Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Standard or "Superduty" hot water cylinder?

Doctor Drivel wrote:

Its odd he never thinks to go learn stuff.

When it comes to heating and water I have no need to - I am the teacher.

Here is one of the diffuculties. Most of us have had other crap teachers
who either didn't know their subject, or were also well out of date.

Hence when a self appointed one turns up on usenet with no track record,
no credibility, a string of tall tales but no evidence to back any of it
up, and, added to which is a social incompetant with no charm or people
skills, there is a strong possibility he is going to get treated with at
best derision.

When he then compounds the situation by posting very basic questions one
month, and then two months later claims to be an expert with years of
experiance in the subject, you can understand how any remaining
credibility is quickly erased. That he needs to bolster his ego further
with sock puppet alternate identities is the final nail in that coffin.

That he persists with all sorts of suggestions that simply defy the laws
of physics, and have no sound engineering basis (in spite of claiming to
have engineering qualifications (yet another false assertion it seems))
you can see how the only thing he ends up "teaching" is "how to be a
**** on usenet".

So "teacher" in the words of Pink FLoyd:

"We don't need no education"

Read and take note of all I write on the subject. You will learn.

Can't see how realistically. 95% of your posts are nothing but a waste
of electrons. The another 4% one can indeed learn from, but usually only
by reading the comments correcting your "oversights". The 1% of useful
stuff you post tends to get lost in the noise.

Notice I don't make issues with Andy Wade on electrical as he knows what
he is on about.

Odd that, IIRC you have had a few forays into offering decidedly dodgy
wiring advice as well. It also does not stop you insulting him either,
yet as an engineer you are not even fit to make his tea!

Yet you, and the uk.d-i-y Lunatic Association
(affiliated) members take issue with a heating and water expert,

I have only seen folks taking issue with you.

People come here for help, it is those I am concerned about,

Would it not be better if you avoided replying to them then? That way
you can't mislead them with one of you half arsed ill thought out and
seriously expensive "designs".

- laughable. If they counter and put forward amateur views I will put
them down strongly

LOL, like you could.

When the going gets technical, dribble gets abusive or gets lost.

--
Cheers,

John.