Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tbasc@bellsouth.net is offline

Default Kitchen remodel..Where to start???

wrote:
With a contractor?
With an architect?
At Ikea?

or all of the above?

tj palvino

Add to your list of possibles: Kitchen Designers.

Look at and collect photos of kitchens you like.
Ask the owners about the designers.
Write lists of what you like and don't like about your present kitchen.
Think about what you are willing to spend, then choose a goal and a max
you can afford.
(renovations are good at uncovering problems and there is always the
ripple effect.)

Take the photos and lists to a designer, architect, or kitchen
designer.
Look at what they have done and talk to some past clients.
Don't be afraid to not choose someone because you don't like their work
or their price.
(I always like folk to tell me they are not going to use me.)
OMHO, a careful builder will tell you to get a design before
contracting with him.
TB