Posted to misc.consumers.house
nonbuyer nonbuyer is offline

Default Property value when home taken out of flood zone

I am considering buying a home that lies in a flood plain. Currently
their is a Army Corps of Engineers project that will build levees along
the length of the flood area that they say will remove the need for
flood insurance. An existing, levee sits on the property but it wasn't
enough to remove the flood danger. When they are completed, a similar
stronger levee will be in place.

What should I except will happen to the home values in this area? I
expect them to rise, but I really don't know if they would rise
significantly. Anyone else live in a neighborhood that has a similar
project completed in the past?

Thanks,
Jim