Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Cheap phone cord (related to cheap extension cords)

On 4 Aug 2006 04:06:30 -0700, "
wrote:

But I like phones with cords. I know my neighbors aren't listening.

me too, years ago a friend had me pick up a cordless for her, so i
plugged it in to the power line to charge it.

listened to a neighbors teenager make a drug deal on her cordless...

This reminds me of a news story I saw. One house had a cordless
phone, but the other only had a baby monitor. The ones with the baby
monitor heard the wife next door planning with her boyfriend to murder
her husband. They got the police to stop her before she did it!

said to neighbor tell your daughter listened to her make drug deal with
jason, suggest corded phone for such transactions.......

he spent the next hour ranting about daughter...

--------
How the wire bends doesn't mean it's cheap. It could mean it's
stranded. It could mean it's a smaller wire size. Obviously,
the wire you got was different. Not necessarily cheap.

You have a good point, but I've never see wire so floppy before, nor
so cheap. Mostly I was trying to warn people before they bought it.
I hope no innocent wire will suffer.

Bob