Posted to alt.home.repair
jeffc jeffc is offline

Default Wet Drywall - Is it irreversibly damaged?

"JimL" wrote in message
On 3 Aug 2006 15:57:12 -0700, wrote:

Due to a water leak, I have some drywall which appears to be somewhat
soaked. The paint is sort of bubbling off the drywall and the drywall
doesn't appear real solid (sort of almost feels if I punched hard, I'd
punch right through it kind of thing). Now the leak has been fixed.
Will the wet drywall dry out good as new or is the soaked part damaged
irreversibly so???

I'd just patch it with joint compound if needed.

That's probably a bad idea. I agree with another poster that drywall is
cheap, but the labor is not necessarily so. You can learn to do it
yourself, but if you don't want to it should be a reasonable cost to fix it.
Maybe like $100, depending on how much painting has to be done.