Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] david.genet@googlemail.com is offline

Default MDF bath panel behind tiles was getting wet - shuould I be worried?

Cordless Crazy wrote:
Wrote:
wrote:-
wrote:-
wrote:--
--
..but there's no way in hell, ok maybe only in hell, that I'd use
MDF

I am about to construct a bath panel to finish off my recently
decorated bathroom. I want to tile onto it, so what would be the
best
material for this ?-

fibre cement sheet probably

NT

Use 'Hardibacker' or 'Superflex' cement based boards. Ideal for wet
areas and available at most timber/builder merchants.

Cordless Crazy

I used aquapanel for all the walls so I suppose more of the same will
do, plus it would be a good use for those leftover ceramic
screws..........

Cheers