Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
mm mm is offline

Default UPDATE #1 -- A/C problem, need help ASAP

On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 15:50:40 -0500, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

Noon-Air writes:

http://www.epa.gov/ozone/title6/phaseout/hcfc.html

Typical Al Gore EPA baloney.

It's fun to blame Al Gore, I'm sure, but the Republicans have ruled
the EPA for 5 1/2 years now.

This only applies to certain "developed
nations";

That's what it says.

the rest of the world will make more R-22 than we ever did or
would have.

So what's your point. They won't be selling it here, except as the
schedule provides.

I don't think you read the chart very carefully. It clearly states
that R-22 will be available in the US for ACs made before 2010. And
that that will be its status until 2020, after which it won't be
legally available IN THE US.

If other countries, don't accept the Montreal Protocols, that's the
way it is.

Just like has happened with R-12. Look what's happened to the
ozone since!

Investment tip: Get the EPA license (http://www.epatest.com/) and stockpile
R-22. The people that did this in the early 1990s with R-12 bought it at
$1/lb and sold it for $50/lb.