Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] l.vanderloo@rogers.com is offline

Default Musing about obnoxious threads (a little OT and a bit long)

Hi Arch

As I have said before, don't read and there is no need to reply, these
post are so obvious, they do want attention, and if they don't get any
they will leave.

How and what is everybody doing lately, it's kind of quiet on the rec
lately, is it to hot or are we all enjoying summer, as for Me I have
been a very busy beaver, I have roughed out more than 75 bowls and
platters the last couple of weeks.
Yes there is a good reason for this, had a lot of wood in my shop
already (as usually) and ran into a large American Elm log, not
literally of course, it was well over 3 feet D. but had to give up the
butt end to a fire wood maker, I did get a load of very nice large
pieces though, and it is all cut up and rough turned.
However that weekend we went to visit my best friend and while we were
there he asked if I wanted any black walnut, as it turned out they had
cut a few walnut veneer logs and all the wood that was not veneer was
left, like all the branch wood but also the trunk parts that had some
damage, DO I WANT ANY, YES I DO.
Anyway 3 days of cutting and dragging wood out of a wet gully and I
have a BIG problem, where am I going to store all this, there already
was NO room in the shop and I had 3 loads of wood to store, well I was
a little bit a bad boy, covered the floor in a downstairs bedroom that
has a entrance door in the back of our house and got all the wood
sealed and out of harms way.
Now it was waiting when (not if) MLOML was going to discover the
treasure, and than.
Bit more than a week later I was told it had to leave as soon as
possible, Whew, that I can live with.
I am reminded daily that the wood has to go, yes dear I'm making room.
Is this a gloat ??? well OK maybe it is, so now you know why I'm very
busy. (and the troll doesn't bother me in the least)

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Arch wrote:
Rcw seems to be going through another cycle of obnoxious outside
interference from sprayed ng threads, vulgar posts, and inappropriate
advertisements. They are always with a ng, but this is no more reason to
get upset and leave rcw than to get upset and leave my hometown because
of the local media's incessant repetition of local crime. Far too many
good people for me to leave either.

These aggravations aren't very well camouflaged and are generally easy
to avoid until the cycle changes. As easy to avoid as the pop-ups,
flashing ads, and multiple departments on other forums. That is if I
truly want to avoid them. If I read these obvious threads to satisfy my
curiosity or get some sort of satisfaction, I shouldn't be, or pretend
to be, scandalized by the content. At least, that's the way I see it.
What's your view?

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter