jim rozen

Default WANTED: Micrometer Follow Rest for South Bend Heavy 10" Lathe

In article , Errol Groff says...

Just what I pictured in my mind. We have a half dozen of the things
in the shop. I just never had heard of them being call "micrometer".
Always just been follower rests to me.

The 'plain' ones have the rectangular guides
with the slot down the center, for the clamping
bolt, and have to be tweaked in by hand.

The screw (micrometer) adjust ones are a bit nicer.
My 10L came with one of those (sorry, not for
sale...) but the steady rest was tough to get.
I saw dozens of plain 10L steady rests go through
ebay before I finally snagged a screw-adjust one.

Jim

please reply to: