Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Service Entry Cable caused partial blackout in my house?

I've had this happen. I still have the melted 'souvenier' splice the
power company replaced. Hmm. I did about 10 years ago, wonder where it
is??

I have the end of the copper 15,000 volt line that snapped after a
IDIOT tree company doing work for me got careless. The lineman was nice
and gave me the short piece.

I had just said I will go down to the street so no cars will get hit by
branches.

the line dropped where I would of been standing and left a carbon trail
in the asphalt that was there till the street was repaved 5 years later

I nearly died that day, the bit of copper a momento

Didnt know others saved stuff like this..........