Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default about EXTENSION CORDS (safety)

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 16:26:10 -0500, IGot2P wrote:

Are you sure that it is going to be pulling 1,000 watts? This seems VERY
high for a 5,000 BTU unit. In fact I just looked at a 6,100 BTU unit
that I have plugged into a watt meter and it was only pulling about 600
watts when set in "hi cool". Given, it would no doubt pull more when

Just for the record, the difference btween lo cool and hi cool is only
the speed of the fan. Barely any difference compared to the
compressor and even to the draw of the fan in low speed.

starting up.

Don