Posted to rec.woodworking
John Emmons John Emmons is offline

Default Yuk! HOME DEPOT is awful these days

Those who feel that Home Depot needs to improve their customer service
should do something I've done a few times at one of their local outlets.

Call the store while waiting in line, ask to speak to the manager on duty,
when they come on the line ask them why they aren't monitoring the cashiers
and helping to move the lines along.

Embarass them into better service.

It's resulted in better service each time I've done it, also got the guy who
was demanding to see every shoppers reciept before allowing them to leave
the building assigned to a different job as he was actively ****ing off
customers with his in your face attitude.

It may not solve the corporate problems that exist at a higher level but it
helps pass the time while waiting in line and it reminds the manager that
there are actual people in their store.

John E.

"Tex" wrote in message
m...
In article ,
says...
On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 06:46:47 GMT, Lobby Dosser
wrote:

"Ed Walsh" edwalsh@dev_null wrote:

BTW - I have sent at least 4 complaints about poor service to HD
corporate. I got back a form letter about how sorry they were and 4
gift cards in varying amounts up to $20. Don't know what ****ed me
off more, the measly attempt of appeasement with the gift cards or

the
form letters.

So you got at least $24 from them and maybe more like $35. I'm thinking

you
need to keep the cards and letters coming until you save up enough

cards
for something you want but don't need. :-)

Hmmm. They sent me a no-limit 10% off coupon.

I've followed this thread pretty closely and I'm puzzled. Aren't there
ANY Home Depot employees and or members of their management reading this
that can refute even SOME of the negative comments that have been
posted? Or, do they all agree with the general conclusions espressed
that HD's product selection, overall performance, etc. has really
degraded. Hmmm?