Posted to alt.home.repair

Default about EXTENSION CORDS (safety)

Good move, for small stuff like that it's easier to spend a few $ and
count it as your good deed for the day. Besides burning down the mall
after hours, it could quite possibly have gone up during the day and
resulted in an evacuation and possible injuries.

Pete C.

let alone the ungrounded machine, they carry high current and
occasionally have wires burn off and hit the metal frame, real hock
hazard there.

yesterday I found a 16 gauge extension cord taped to a walk way
powering a 20 amp unit. i suggested they move the unit a few feet and
plug it directly in wall.

it amazes me there arent more fires caused by dumb stuff...............