Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Danny G. Danny G. is offline

Default A/C problem, need help ASAP

"mm" wrote in message ...
On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 04:32:03 GMT, Ignoramus2645
wrote:

First realize that there are two power supplies to the compressor, a
110 volt circuit that uses the thermostat and the control board to
control the contactor, probably the thing you heard humming below, and
a 220 volt circuit that actually powers the compressor.

The control voltage is 24VAC.

Yeah I know, but I still think of it as 110 because that's what it is
before it goes throught the transformer.

It's probably 5k "before it goes throught the transformer" for your home service.
8)