Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
bowgus bowgus is offline

Default Hot Surface Ignitor replaced..still won't fire up..

wrote:
Back in the spring, my 1987 Carrier Vertical GFA system wouldn't fire
up. I saw that after the HSI didn't come on, it went into shutdown
mode. I figured I'd replace the HSI before fall.

If it was a newer furnace (don't know about 1987 features) I'd first
check that the air filter (cold air return) isn't clogged, check that
if high efficency the outside air intake/exhaust aren't blocked. And
you might try moving the ignitor a tad closer to the flame ... worked
for me with an older gas furnace.