Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom G Tom G is offline

Default bedroom switches dont go anywhere??

"irishspring" wrote in message
news:fa6295920bd9ea0652734996553b17b3@homerepairli ve.com...
hi i have two wall switches at bedroom entrances that are hot but dont
connect to any outlets-there is also no overhead light. anyone know what
wire i might look for at an outlet to connect them up?im sure they were
meant to turn on and off an outlet.
thanx

No ceiling light but do you have a plate up there. I had a switch on the
wall that didn't seem to go anywhere, also. Turns out it was for the light
on the ceiling fan. It was presently fan only, so I added a light kit and
now have both. Perhaps your two switches are one for light and other for
fan.

Tom G.