Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] adder1969@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default MDF bath panel behind tiles was getting wet - shuould I be worried?

wrote:

The root cause of the problem is water getting _out_ of the bath and
onto the floor in the first place. You need to fit a bigger shower
screen and/or modify your showering behaviour. A wet floor is a recipe
for disaster when stepping out of the bath. At the very least, put a
bathmat down on the floor when showering to catch any splashes and give
you a non-slip surface.

MBQ

...but there's no way in hell, ok maybe only in hell, that I'd use MDF
in a bathroom. Same applies to so-called moisture resistant chipboard
floors.