Posted to alt.home.repair
Nick Pine Nick Pine is offline

Default how much for an architect?

Tony Hwang wrote:

Abe wrote:

We should be closing on our new/first home in a few weeks. 1950's ranch in
upstate NY. I was thinking it could be a good idea to have an architect
draw up plans for remodeling/additions, as sort of a master plan we could
chip away at over the years, and also to avoid making changes then
realizing we should have done A differently in order to accommodate B,
etc. Any idea how much that kind of thing would cost?

Why not call one and ask.

Around here, one could probably get a few local architects to come
take a look at the house free and describe some possible changes.

When I did one reno. on my last house, I went to a structural engineer
for his OK and then I went to a draftman for blue print, with it
I got a building permit for my contractor who understood exactly what we
wanted and expected. Result? 100% satisfaction! From there we had this
house built. Only one like this in the whole neighborhood. Very
functional, very customized. Very very energy effcient.

Wow. Very very. Where is it, and what's the yearly heating bill?

Nick