Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Damp Proofing Result

In article . com,
Ed_Zep wrote:
A plasterer has just finished a chemical DPC at my house and
replastered. One of the walls was really bad but it's all done now.

This same wall, a few days later is still damp (he used Limelite
Renovation for both layers). I'm just wondering how long I should wait
until for this patch to dry out.

Is there any paint-on damp proofing that I could use to cure this
remaining problem?

The usual trick with a chemical DPC is to render the inside with
waterproof mortar before the plaster skim. Which does, of course, get rid
of damp showing on the inside of that part of the wall. But doesn't cure
the cause - anymore than a chemical DPC does.

--
*Forget the Joneses, I keep us up with the Simpsons.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.