Posted to misc.consumers.house
P. Thompson P. Thompson is offline

Default Dehumidifier with hose connection that actually works ("LG"brand from HD doesn't)

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006, Jonathan Kamens wrote:

I just bought an "LG" dehumidifier from The Home Depot (yeah, yeah, I
know, buying from HD is always a mistake). The box claimed that it had
a threaded hose connection, but when I opened it up, I discovered that
what it has instead is a disconnected plastic pipe, about nine inches
long, with threads at one end and narrower at the other end.

I encountered the same thing with the Home Despot LG low temperature
model. I ended up putting the pipe in place and then putting a sheet
metal screw through the plastic tab on the end so that you have to unscrew
the screw in order to remove the pipe.

Works OK, have not had the bucket fill up while I wasn't looking or the
pipe leak all over the floor since my fix. I am sure the plastic will
break given time and I will be back to square one.