Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Ignoramus2645 Ignoramus2645 is offline

Default A/C problem, need help ASAP

On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 21:39:46 -0500, Noon-Air wrote:

"Ignoramus2645" wrote in message
. ..
I have a central A/C. Around when there was a thunderstorm,
electricity flickered about 2-3 times in our house.

Now our A/C is not working. The inside is all fine, the fan runs etc.

I am doing investigation and will post in this thread, but the breaker
popped and any attempt to reset it pops it again. I tried to measure
amps with my ammeter, it was quite hard to do due to breaker popping
soon, but the highest measure I got was about 200 amps.

I am going to open up the case now to have a quick look, I will be
running back and forth. My hope is that it is something simple like
capacitor shorted, but it easily could be worse (eg motor shorted).

Get an electrician to check your shorts

My shorts are pretty wet by now, from the rain and wet grass.

As far as the wiring, I would like to check out some things by myself
(I am not a big stranger to electricity, built my phase converter blah
blah).