Posted to rec.woodworking
Dan Dan is offline

Default Yuk! HOME DEPOT is awful these days

wrote:
automated checkouts

I love those things.

Me too. I use them whenever they are available. Almost always quicker.
Plus I'd much rather do it myself & use a machine than deal with a
moron ;-) Recently bought a bunch of lumber, including 5 2x6's, at the
local Home Depot. Idiot who rang me up charged me for 6. I noticed
this on the receipt out in the parking lot & dragged the whole load back
into the store, where the same cashier was standing by the door.
Naturally he couldn't correct his mistake, I had to go stand in ANOTHER
line at the "service" desk. How hard is it to count to 5, for christ
sake? I recently moved to Seattle from central Ohio (Columbus area). I
also visit family in the Los Angeles area frequently. In central Ohio,
virtually every grocery store has self checkouts, in LA about the ONLY
place I've seen them with any regularity is Home Depot. They're a BIT
more prevalent in WA, but not much, though again the HD's do have them.

Dan