Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] averydarkplace@yahoo.com is offline

Default Fixing a hole in the bathroom floor

The super in my building replaced a rotted drain pipe under the bathtub
in my bathroom. To do this, he created a hole in the floor next to the
tub, deep enough to expose the pipe (but not deep enough to watch my
downstairs neighbor shower). When he finished replacing the pipe he
filled the hole with sand. What I want to do is to cover or fill that
hole. I don't want to bury the pipe in something so tough, that in the
event of another plumbing problem, I would not be able to get to it.
What would be my best choice? I don't care if the area gets retiled or
not.

Thank you
~ Avery