Posted to alt.home.repair
udarrell udarrell is offline

Default Question about my Maytag 8000BTU A/C

Jethro wrote:

Having said that, I am concerned that my 2-year-old Maytag 8000BTU A/C
should be doing a better job than it is.

I have it in my 12' X 18' so-called sun-room. The blinds are all
shut. We were away for several days, and of course the room was quite
hot when we returned.

I put the A/C on High Cool, but after some 3 hours the room temp is
still some 84 degrees. I put a reefer thermometer in the outlet of
the unit, and it reads about 65 degrees at the lowest. No wonder the
room stays hot. Shouldn't the 65 degree-reading be lower - say, 50-55
at least?

I do hear the compressor cycling. What does anyone think?
Thanks, Jethro

Room units usually have two or three fan speeds.
Does it feel humid in your home?
Try medium speed for several hours for a cooler cooling coil.
If you have acute humidity problems, try low speed for a umber of hours.

Buy a thermometer that also reads percent of humidity and try for 50% or
less!

After things cool down:
http://www.udarrell.com/aircondition...harting.h tml

--
Air Conditioning's Affordable Path to the "Human Comfort Zone Goal"
http://www.udarrell.com/air-conditio...tent-heat.html