Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Question about my Maytag 8000BTU A/C

"Jethro" wrote in message

It just surprised me that the temp of the air coming from the thing
was as high as it was. My RV's roof A/C, for example, puts out air so
cold that it has a 'bite'. Much less than 65 degrees. Same is true
of both of my auto A/C's.

This AM, the ambient air outside is in the 80's. I want to see how it
behaves this morning (it was off overnight).

This shows what a central unit air temperature should be. I don't know about
a room unit.
http://www.baumbach.com/Plumbing/ACTips.htm

I do know that the auto AC is very high capacity and the leaving air
temperature is lower than a residential unit.

You may do better overall leaving hte AC on overnight too. The solar heat
gain may be more than the capacity so running at night reduces the sensible
heat to start out the next day.