Posted to alt.home.repair
Jethro Jethro is offline

Default Question about my Maytag 8000BTU A/C

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 08:32:02 -0500, (DT)
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Dear Dennis,
I'm finding that engineers may cease their day job, but they never
really retire. One (retired) engineer friend of mine came to my place
one time to help with the brakes on my truck. At one point we snapped
off a bolt. So, he pulls a multi function calculator out of his
pocket, and proceeds to calculate the size of the drill needed to tap
for threads.
A retirement home full of engineers would be an interesting
experience. Imagine the food service workers, being told that their
food wasn't hot enough, and a report with three signifigant figure
data to back it up?

Hah! I think you are right, Stormin! Now, the question I ponder: do we think
that way because we are engineers, or do we become engineers because we think
that way to begin with?

As an 'almost EE', I can appreciate what you say.

Jethro