Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Service Entry Cable caused partial blackout in my house?

I've heard of this -- and seen it twice.

You have two "hot" wires from the electrical service. Each serves
different circuits. Both are needed to provide 220 volts for dryers or
ranges.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
s.com...
During an electrical storm one half of my house lost electricity while
the other half did not. I contacted our electric company and they
said
the problem was "their equipment" which burnt out and affected part of
our "service entry cable." They said it's likely that "part" of our
service entry cable services part of our house and other parts service
the rest.

I have never heard of a partial blackout that affects only some
circuits. Can anyone explain this in more detail?

thanks!

Don