Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch Arch is offline

Default If it's turned wood somebody will want it.

Last winter I brought some sticks of fat lighter (lighterd to rednecks)
pine kindling down from Tallahassee and for no reason turned some tacky
(and sticky) beads & coves and a knob on the ends. What a mess on my
skew! A neighbor thought they would be perfect with her expensive
andirons and offered to buy some. She showed no interest in a nice
hollow form I had just made. Go figure.

Once I turned some up scale stylish 'bathroom matches' from kitchen
matches. (For those of you who have never done time in an outhouse,
burning matches or smoking tobacco were the original deodorizers). What
unusual objects have you all turned for no particular reason and lo &
behold somebody prized them?

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter