Wayne Bengtsson

Default Bending wire

"Ted Bennett" wrote in message
Seeking good advice, opinions, anecdotes or full-on rants about forming
an eye, about 1/4 inch inner diameter, at the end of some 3/16"
stainless wire.

If you really need to use those sizes, you need to hot form it. I would even
consider tig welding a ring on the end of the wire, if that would suit your
purposes.

I'm guessing some sort of simple jig should do it, but fooling around
with some nails hammered into a piece of wood succeeded only in
convincing me that I'm fairly thick.

On problem with working with stainless steel is that it work hardens. If
it's in wire form, it has been drawn, and is already in a work hardened
state. I can be annealed, but by bending it, it work hardens again.