Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Roger is offline

Default Standard or "Superduty" hot water cylinder?

The message
from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

A 40% saving in time to reheat could be feasable... (in fact a decent
fast recovery cylinder should be able to swallow at least 20kW, some of
the older standard ones may not be able to use more than 5kW).

Oh indeed, but that doesn't translate into a similar saving in energy.

Dribble resides in my killfile but from the reposts I have seen I
thought that (ie 40% energy saving) was precisely what Dribble was
claiming.

--
Roger Chapman