Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor Drivel is offline

Default Standard or "Superduty" hot water cylinder?

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:

He claims to be a heating
engineer with a university
degree. But by the
number of basic gaffs
couldn't possibly be.

This is hilarious. Only from a uk.d-i-y
Lunatic Association (affiliated)
member. This one didn't know the
difference between high and low
pressure taps. He bought high pressure
taps for his sink (cut the tap
tails short as well) then wondered why
he was only getting a dribble
out of the taps.

Tap. The low pressure hot water.

Yep, the low pressure hot water which you put a high pressure mixer on not
knowing any different. It must have took him all day to do that as well.

I'm used to a high flow storage system.

Then it became a dribble flow as you put high pressure taps on a low
pressure system. Hilarious.

He posted here asking why. Anyone with sense would
go out and buy a proper set of low pressure taps and fit them. Not
this one...wait...in the current thread "Hot Water Woes"...this is what
he wrote.....

"I had the same problem after installing a high pressure only 'mixer' tap
in the kitchen - I couldn't find a low pressure one I liked. I installed
the pump under the sink. Works a treat."

He put a pump under the sink to get the pressure up on the mixer instead
of changing the mixer taps.

Those with taste

Taste? You have a taste for pumps. Pumps to get one tap work. Like the in
vogue colours of these pumps? Flash switches?

will buy things that look good and
if it means some modification, so
what?

So that is your pathetic excuse for not knowing the difference. Hilarious.
Then he puts a pump on it........yes, a pump for one tap. ROFLMAO

It's low rent semi skilled
plumbers that *only* fit what is easy.
Hence your love of combis and
system boilers.

Meandering again. A combi has no relation whatsoever to him fitting high
pressure taps on a low pressure system....then fitting pump to get the water
though. This is good.

Hilarious...hilarious. The best yet. I've never
heard that one. Only from a uk.d-i-y Lunatic
Association (affiliated) member. Yes, you
read this sort of thing here. Good for a laugh indeed.

Glad to oblige.

You never fail.

Your life is obviously sad if this amuses you.

Anyone who know the least about plumbing will laugh their arses off.

It's 'serious and dangerous' to repalce
a kitchen tap?

With a pump to get it to work!!!!!!!! Best yet, Hilarious!!!! But he never
serviced his boiler for 12 years and tells people to do the same. This is
the dangerous part about these people. We can laugh at the stupid things
they do, like this tap case, but it is the dangerous part of them which is
alarming.

They do make us all larf.