Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis Chris Lewis is offline

Default Circuit protection - Federal panel

According to Jim :

I saw the website devoted to problems with Federal breakers but it
seemed to focus on double (220 volt circuit) breakers - and in
accordance with that I am eliminating a double breaker in our Federal
panel, by moving the load over to a breaker in the newer main panel
(General Electric). Have there been problems with single Federal breakers?

There was a Canadian recall on single 15A federal breakers made by
Schneider Canada (the company now owning rights to the Federal units)
for breakers made in the late 90s. It's mentioned on the website you
were on.

It's not clear whether these were ever sold in the US - the website
doesn't seem to think they were.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est