Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor Drivel is offline

Default Standard or "Superduty" hot water cylinder?

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Steve Firth wrote:

He claims to be a heating
engineer with a university degree. But by the
number of basic gaffs couldn't possibly be.

This is hilarious. Only from a uk.d-i-y Lunatic Association (affiliated)
member. This one didn't know the difference between high and low pressure
taps. He bought high pressure taps for his sink (cut the tap tails short as
well) then wondered why he was only getting a dribble out of the taps. He
posted here asking why. Anyone with sense would go out and buy a proper set
of low pressure taps and fit them. Not this one...wait...in the current
thread "Hot Water Woes"...this is what he wrote.....

"I had the same problem after installing a high pressure only 'mixer' tap
in the kitchen - I couldn't find a low pressure one I liked. I installed
the pump under the sink. Works a treat."

He put a pump under the sink to get the pressure up on the mixer instead of
changing the mixer taps. Hilarious...hilarious. The best yet. I've never
heard that one. Only from a uk.d-i-y Lunatic Association (affiliated)
member. Yes, you read this sort of thing here. Good for a laugh indeed.

The problem is a novice might believe all this and take the advice. That is
the serious and dangerous part.