Gunner

Default diesel for home heating boiler

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 02:31:51 GMT, Carl Byrns
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 21:43:42 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

I burn regular diesel in the "torpedo" shop heater. Its easier for me
to get and cheaper than kero in my particular location at $1.59ga USD

Gunner

How's it smell at shutdown compared to kero?
How's the exhaust while running?
Did you have to diddle with the air pressure setting?

-Carl

It seems to run just a smidge hotter, so I just backed off the pump
pressure a fraction of a turn. That was last year. This year the air
pump has packed up, and I ran an air line to the unit from one of the
shop air manifolds, with a regulator on it. If I have an electrical
failure..it will still continue to pump a very fine mist of diesel
until I can hit the shutoff valve. Shrug..Ive tried to fix the air
pump..but it needs replacement

As to the smell..its not much different, more Diesel than kero smell.
The smoke is about the same, once it gets hot, there is little odor.

Gunner

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.