pyotr filipivich

Default diesel for home heating boiler

A city wide blackout at Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:03:52 GMT did not prevent "habbi"
from posting to rec.crafts.metalworking the
following:
In an emergency could you put kerosene or diesel in your home oil heating
tank?

Yes, you could. SHould you? I'd say no on the kerosene, yes for the
diesel. Diesel oil and most heating oils are almost indistinguishable, save for
the taxes. Back in the autoshop we "raided" the heating oil tank a number of
times to get fuel for diesel motors.

Would it cause any damage?

That I can't tell you.
--
pyotr filipivich
"We don't support "guns" ... the term "gun" gets in the way of