Posted to alt.home.repair
sym sym is offline

Default DOH! Cant figure out this ceiling fan wiring!

Monkey Boy wrote:
Ok, I removed my old fan, and *thought* I drew an entire diagram of the
old wiring setup. What I didnt relize until I tried wiring the new fan
was I forgot to draw where the white wires were connected to on the old
fan!

Here is my setup:

From the fan box in ceiling I have (2) sets of wires.

Black/White/Ground and Black/White/Ground. On the old fan, I know that
one of the black wires were connected to the Blue and Black wire on the
fan. I know that the other black wire was connected to the white wire
on the fan. What I dont know is where the other white wires connect to

Any ideas where I should connect the other (2) white wires? I tried
different combinations, nothing worked

with what you state it sounds like the two whites get hooked to each
other and not directly to fan sounds like nuetrals were switched the
old timerr way of doing things