Posted to alt.home.repair
John Lawrence John Lawrence is offline

Default 2004 18hp Briggs & Stratton no spark

2004 is newer. Points haven't been used for years.
"mm" wrote in message
On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 17:20:42 GMT, "John Lawrence"
wrote:

There should be no points. Electronic ign. in the newer motors.

Who says it's newer?

wrote in message
. ..
On 1 Aug 2006 04:52:24 -0700, "Rob" wrote:

I have a craftsman 18hp and recently had no spark, I troubleshooted it
and determined it had a bad magneto based on the fact it had no spark.
I replaced it new and it started fine the first time very easily with
plenty of spark. The next day no spark again and no start. I
eyeballed the gap on the magneto, does anyone know what might be going
on?

Thank you

Bob

You checked the points?