Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Standard or "Superduty" hot water cylinder?

Doctor Drivel wrote:

Most power shower pumps only deliver 1 bar.

No, go re-read you catalogues again - most deliver 1 bar plus "more",
where more ranges from about 0.4 to 2. A small light boost pump would be
something like 1.4 bar, with more powerful ones commonly available up to
three bar.

Shower pumps that deliver only 1 bar or less are in a small minority -
such as the integrated into a single box "power shower" type solutions.

Combi is not always better. In 90% of cases it is. In this case no. If I

90% huh... any justification to support this assertion of faith?

Then I would fit a heat bank
to do the boiler and solar. No pumps. Lots of flow and pressure up to
the static mains pressure at all taps hot and cold.

I think we have already established that the static presure is poor anyway.

Some packaged
accumulators will have pumps to increase the pressure too, but very
expensive.

Yes, I think you will find that is what I said. Well done keep learning.

Out of date info. You will get better performance from most modern
boilers if you let them drive the rads directly so that the boiler can
sense the actual heating load and modulate accordingly.

Total tripe, you are playing the know-it-all arsehole again. Well you

Sorry, no point in trying to explain it to you since, as you have
demonstated in the past, you don't have the basic understanding of
control theory required.

do speak out your arse most of the time. Tell the Germans that. Buffered
Heat Banks are way over there.

Hmm, they have various other strange idears about plumbing.

Please be quite. You are a total amateur not
knowing much at all.

Does everything have to be about you all the time?

Heat banks provide boiler and CH buffers and
provide for solar too. All in one cylinder.

A heat bank is a useful way to aggregate the law value heat from the
solar system. However its "buffer" action of which you speak is actually
a disadvantage wrt to the performance of the boiler driving the rads.

Just don't take any
notice of the idiot amateurs on here.

Now that is a paradoxical instruction... if he follows it he just has!

--
Cheers,

John.