Posted to alt.home.repair
Jethro Jethro is offline

Default Question about my Maytag 8000BTU A/C

On 1 Aug 2006 11:21:29 -0700, "Appliance Repair Aid"
wrote:

Jethro wrote:
Good golly it is hot!!!!

Having said that, I am concerned that my 2-year-old Maytag 8000BTU A/C
should be doing a better job than it is.

I have it in my 12' X 18' so-called sun-room. The blinds are all
shut. We were away for several days, and of course the room was quite
hot when we returned.

I put the A/C on High Cool, but after some 3 hours the room temp is
still some 84 degrees. I put a reefer thermometer in the outlet of
the unit, and it reads about 65 degrees at the lowest. No wonder the
room stays hot. Shouldn't the 65 degree-reading be lower - say, 50-55
at least?

I do hear the compressor cycling.

What does anyone think?

Thanks

Jethro

Hi,

JMO!

Give it 24 hours.
Approx 15-20 difference between the air temp in and the air temp out is
normal for the 8,000 BTU unit.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/