Posted to alt.home.repair
Lena Lena is offline

Default home depot

SeaKan wrote:
worst experience at one?

It would be a shorter list if I could mention the good experiences at
our local HD. Like the time I happened in last year and found the
stainless steel BBQ grills on sale half price. :) And I needed one.
So did my son-in-law and a neighbor. We all got good deals that day.

But it is sad. We knew it was going to happen. Don't know how it
could have been prevented. HD comes in to town with low, low prices
and huge selections, and drives most all the Mom and Pop hardware
stores out of business. Then the prices start creeping up and there
are no bargains to be found anymore.

Went there yesterday to buy the endcaps for a shower curtain rod.
$2.22 each. Most all sizes, $2.22 each. Can't tell me there is $2.22
worth of material, labor, and marketing cost in one end cap. I didn't
care what the extra gas cost, but I wasn't going to pay almost $5 for a
pair of shower curtain rod end caps. Went to one of the few remaining
Mom and Pop hardware stores in the area, which I considered overpriced
compared to HD, and found a set (2) for $2.99. Score one for the
little guy.

Lena