Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby The3rd Earl Of Derby is offline

Default A bit of ingenuity on my part...

Ian Stirling wrote:
Cicero wrote:
snip
I've been using mine for years without mishap and although the speed
is very low compared with a conventional router good results can be
achieved if you take your time.

I may be wrong, but I suspect that your drill press is considerably
more rigid than most.

How do you mean*more rigid* the one i bought from Aldi is heavy as the bulk
of it is made from steel&cast metal and is bolted to the melamine worktop.
granted the speed is nowhere near perfect for use in routing but it does do
some aspects of profiling with care.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite