Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Motor start capacitors

In article ,
"Steve Wood" writes:
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the reply. What I should have said is that there are 2 wires
from the motor which should connect to the capacitor and 1 wire from
elsewhere within the machine. there are of course more than 2 wires going to
the motor itself.

Well, this is still far too little info to be sure, but I suspect
you will need to connect the capacitor between the two motor wires,
and the supply wire to one side of the capacitor. If you connect
the supply to the wrong capacitor terminal, the motor will turn
in the wrong direction.

--
Andrew Gabriel