Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default home depot

On 08/01/06 10:34 am SeaKan wrote:

worst experience at one?

1. Had a kitchen remodel planned by HD (but we were planning to do the
installation ourselves). They misread their own drawing and supplied a
countertop that was 2 1/2" short. BUT they replaced it very quickly by
one the right size, and we got to keep the wrong-size one, which we cut
into sections and used in other places.

2. Ordered a new water heater to be supplied and installed by HD. They
delivered the next day, and the installation was quick, but when I
looked at it afterwards I could not see how they could possibly have
installed it the way they did without heating the plastic dip tube,
which I understand is a no-no. But maybe I am misunderstanding what they
actually did. We moved away soon afterwards, and there were no problems
during the time we were still there.

Perce