Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair
yourname yourname is offline

Default Wood vanity top?

wrote:
Hi,

I know that it is common kitchen counters to be made of wood (are those
called butcher block counters?), but what about vanity tops. My wife
and I both dislike laminate, granite and marble.I guess that leaves us
with wood. Can this be done with proper protection and what would that
protection be? And where could I get the materials appropriate for
that?

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron Fude

It is pretty difficult to keep it looking good. Water has a way of
getting under the finish where the sink meets the wood. I would think if
you were really careful in sealing it there and diligent about not
letting water collect, it would be ok. Probably at least until you
wanted to remodel again